Nintendo revealed in the latest Japanese Nintendo Direct presentation that Nintendo will be making a town in Animal Crossing 3DS that you can visit. You can also receive a DJ K.K. Slider T-shirt on the launch day for this game. Plus, the above scheduling book from Club Nintendo Japan will be discounted if you register a copy of Animal Crossing 3DS. You can also check out some gameplay footage for the game from the presentation after the break.
You can check out some new details below about Animal Crossing 3DS coming from the official Japanese website for the game:
- Take 3D in-game pictures.
- Hold original exhibitions at the museum. Build a second floor in the museum through community work to open the museum shop and original exhibition room.
- Palotini will reward your hard work with a badge. Badges include ones for catching a lot of fish, gathering a bunch of stuff from the ocean, pulling lots of weeds, etc. Badges are displayed on your profile, so anyone you streetpass with will see your badges.
- Can work part-time at the cafe if you’re a regular customer or order coffee for take out. Working part time will reward you with unique furniture.
- ID card box: Passcard given to you once you’re registered as a citizen. The photo used on the card is taken in the ID card box.
- Can now look up at the sky. Can see things such as a rainbow after it rains, aurora on cold nights, cumulonimbus clouds in the summer, shooting stars, balloons with presents, etc.
- Fruit produced in your village can now have special flavors or appearances to them.
- Animals from other villages will come to visit in the camp grounds. You can play games with them such as gesture games or rock, paper, scissors.
- Play hide and seek with the villagers you’re good friends with. Can get items if you manage to find them all.
- Become good friends with one of the villagers and they might send you a special letter with a photo attached that you can place in your house.
You can read a translation for the recent Japanese overview trailer for Animal Crossing 3DS below:
Begin your new life in Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori 3DS. Take your time and play at your own place, living a heartwarming life with the animals in your town. Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori.
Play Your Way
You’ve finally arrived at a new town by train. Due to a slight misunderstanding, you wind up becoming town mayor! Living here you take care of flowers, catch bugs, and catch fish while interacting with the animals of the village; you play your way.
The town progresses in real time; in the morning the animals start waking up with you. At night you can see the stars starting to come out. Depending on the season, the look and feel of your town changes as well. You can also enjoy special events during the different seasons.
Go Shopping at the Shopping Street
If you pass the train tracks and head out of town, you can visit a shopping street with all kinds of shops. You can buy daily items and buy/change your clothes like always. There are also all new shops never seen before! If you go shopping a lot, the shoping street becomes more and more popular and busy.
Build Your Town as Mayor
As the mayor, you’re in charge of building your town from your desk at town hall. As apart of public works, you can make benchs, clocks, lamposts, bridges, and others. You can place them and set up your town as you see fit. What kind of town you make is up to you, the mayor! You can also set the rules in your town. For example, you can extend store hours to be longer than they normally are and go shopping even at night. You can determine the rules in your town and match your town to your time schedule.
Coordinate Furniture and Your House
There are now more types of furniture. You can have fun collecting your favorite types of furniture to make your rooms exactly as you envision. Also, at the recycle shop in town, you can sell furniture you don’t use anymore or even remake it! You can even make a room like this.
Using the things you buy at Tanukichi’s Real Estate (Tom Nook Real Estate), you can even change the size of your house. You can change your door and everything to your liking.
Further on than the shopping street, you can also see other player’s houses at the Home Show Street. Here you can visit the homes of other players you have street passed and take your time looking around. You can also buy any furniture you see there that you like.
Go Out and Play
Using local play or the internet, you can visit other people’s towns and play together with your friends.
Go to the Vacation Island
If you take a boat from the town pier, you can travel to The Vacation Island. On this resort-like island you can come across lots of bugs and fish you wouldn’t normally see in town. You can even experience new things like diving beneath the ocean and seeing what you find!
If you participate in tours, you can play all kinds of mini games. Using local or internet connectivity, you can play along with your friends or even people you’ve never met before!
Take your time and play at your own pace, living a heartwarming lifestyle with the animals in your town. Tobidase – Doubutsu No Mori.
Also avaiable: the downloadable edition that is always with you and you can’t lose as well as the 3DS Special Edition Pack, which also contains the downloadable edition.
Within the Nintendo 3DS title Animal Crossing 3DS you will be able to dig up dinosaur fossils and emeralds now. This has been confirmed by the Animal Crossing 3DS Twitter account:
“Good afternoon everyone! I came across a way to search for fossils this morning! You can have the fossils you find analyzed at the museum. You can then donate them, sell them at the store or to others, to mention a few things you can do but recently collecting dinosaur fossils and turning them into miniatures is popular!
E… Everyone! Here’s some new! An emerald was just dug up in town!! There’s even indisputable photographic evidence! It seems like there are minerals in addition to fossils sleeping under our feet… There’re all kinds of secrets in town!”
You can check out even more details about the upcoming Nintendo 3DS title Animal Crossing 3DS below:
Dream Salon (Dream Mansion)
- Can also register your village in the Dream Salon.
- Can be opened via communal work.
- Saturday Nights are Totakeke (KK’s) Live.
- Sunday through Friday night is DJ K.K.’s DJ Time.
- The owner of Club 44, Shisho, might teach you some reaction acting during the day before the club is open (art of acting centered on making people react. I don’t know if there’s an English equivalent term).
- Can be opened via communal work.
- Travel to other villages and invite friends to your village from here.
- Police can check whether someone is visiting your village or if any lost articles have come in.
- Can be opened through communal work.
- Picture on the site shows the policeman saying, “Rollan has asked for permission to visit and sell things today.”
- Pretty much the same as previous Animal Crossings. Costs 1000 bells to go to the resort island.
Fishing Tournament (held January through May and October through December)
- Done once a month during the above time frames.
- Uomasa the beaver holds the tourney.
- Catch the biggest fish to win a prize.
Bug Catching Tournament (held June through September)
- Kameya-san, the lizard, runs the tourney.
- Can you catch a rare bug that’ll even surprise Kameya?!
- Become a member of “Club Kotobuki”.
- Can play with friends or total strangers at the island.
- Island has its own shop that sells souvenoirs.
- Rent a marine suit to play in the ocean.
- Catch rare fish and insects at the island.
- There are a bunch of minigames tours.
- Hammer fun tour: a machine runs around and the objective is to hit it with your hammers a set number of times in the alloted timeframe.
- Diving tour: split up with friends and go diving, gathering things from the ocean.
- Labyrinth tour: everyone works to grab the various things placed around the garden maze within the alloted timeframe.
- Other tours include flower picking competition, borrowed item competition (not sure what this would be).
Happy Home Exhibit
- Can see the profiles of, and talk to (I think just an NPC version of) the people you street passed with here in addition to the other stuff.
You can check out some information below that has been translated from the Japanese website for Animal Crossing 3DS:
Visit The Houses of People You Streetpassed:
At the Happy Home Exhibition Street in front of the shopping street, you can visit the model houses of people you street passed. Any piece of furniture you like you can also order through mail order sales!
Take a Relaxing Vacation on the Island of Endless Summer!
Former Mayor Tortimer, after retiring, is now living on this resort island of endless summer. You can take many kinds of tours and purchase gifts to bring home amongst other things. Enjoy a relaxing vacation either by yourself or with everyone you know!
Visit Lots of Towns in Your Dreams!
When you sleep in the Dream House, you visit an actual person’s real town. You can freely walk around their town and visit houses while dreaming!
Make a Best Friend!
Become best friends with your Nintendo 3DS friends! If both you and your friend save one another as best friends, you will be informed of when that person comes online and even if you aren’t currently visiting their town, you can still talk to them by sending messages!
KK’s Famous Tunes Are Now Club Music?!
Every Saturday night you can enjoy listening to KK Slider’s music at “Club 444.” (Note: Club 444 in Japanese is referred to as “Club Shi Shou” or “Club See Show” – it’s a cute pun.) From Sunday to Friday, during D.J. KK Time, you can enjoy KK’s normal sound with a club music twist!
Say Hi to Far Away Friends!
When using your megaphone, you can call one of your animal friends by saying their name inot the 3DS mic. Even if they are far away they can still hear you and respond!
Swim, Dive, and Fully Enjoy the Sea!
If you are wearing a Swim Suit (they called it a Marine Suit in Japanese), you can swim in the ocean and dive beneath the water. Pay close attention to the depths and you can collect items that you can’t via fishing like special shells, sea grapes, and others!
You can check out some new details about Animal Crossing 3DS below. This includes details about the Dream Mansion, and the “best friend” registration:
- Anteater named Yumemi (dream viewer) runs the shop 24/7.
- Connect to the internet and visit other players’ villages from around the world.
- Can head to a village based on address, the type of village you desire, or by area.
- Anything that’s done to the dream village won’t have an impact on the actual village.
- Speak to Wendell (Seiichi) the starving artist while you visit another player’s dream village to get a pattern that that player created.
“Best friend” registration
- you and someone else register one another as best friends
- you can then talk to each other even when you’re not in the same village together
- invite people to your village that are only registered as your best friends