Looks like Nintendo has started another Puzzle Swap board for StreetPass Mii Plaza. This time it is for Mario Tennis Open. Here is what one Nintendo 3DS owner received via their 3DS.
New panels are now available for Puzzle Swap in the Play area of StreetPass Mii Plaza! What’s more, the next time you play Puzzle Swap, you’ll get a piece from one of the new panels as a gift to get you started on the new set! Whether you’ve collected all the original pieces already or you’re still collecting them now, try meeting lots of Mii characters and collecting pieces of the new panels!
It says that there are “New panels.” Panel is in the plural form so does that mean there are other new ones too?
During the Nintendo Direct presentation for Japan, Satoru Iwata brought up some details for Mario Tennis Open. There will be 16 playable characters in this game, and for your Mii that you can customize, there will be about 200 items for you to put on your Mii. These items will affect your Mii’s power,spin, and speed.
Here is some new footage of Mario Tennis Open below.
Here is some off-screen footage of Mario Tennis Open. It is about 6 minutes long, and it can give you a better look at the Super Games Mode. Watch Mario as he smashes tennis balls into a giant screen to reach the flag pole in Super Mario Bros. themed levels.
Super Mario Tennis- play on a half-court bouncing balls off a giant television
- the TV will display levels from the original Super Mario Brother
- hit coins and enemies with tennis balls
- game helps teach the importance of using different shot-types
- kill as many enemies and collect all the coins you can in order to add additional seconds to your timer
- acquire 1-Ups
- target warp pipes to travel to different parts of the level
- aim a ball high up the flagpole for maximum points
- newly placed coins, enemies, and hidden blocks
- hit a ball back and forth with a Luma
- takes place on a celestial-based court
- collect 5 Star Shards
- collect 5 shards to create a launch star, which gives you coins
- portions of the arena disappear
- music and visuals lifted directly from the Mario Galaxy series
- hit balls past a single opponent
- destroy the ink balls spat by three Piranha Plants located on the back edge of the court
- stop them before they splatter the screen
- hit the ball through as many rings as possible
- rings start small, but grow increasingly larger the longer you take to hit them
- this reduces their point value
- can be played in multiplayer with 50-points being awarded for every actual tennis point scored on the opponents
Club House (Unlockables)
- Raquets, Uniforms, Wristbands, and shoes become available for purchase
- buy using coins earned in events
- equip these items to your Mii character
- these enhance one of three attributes: Power, Spin, and Movemen
- available for use in both single-player and multiplayer
- items are character-themed
- apparel can be equipped ONLY on your Mii