You can check out some artwork for the upcoming Nintendo DS title Pokemon Conquest after the break.
I recently just posted some details for Pokemon Conquest, but now we have even more information about the game. Just so you know, there will be around 200 Pokemon in the game that will span across all 5 generations of Pokemon.
- In the land of Ransei, there exists a legend that if any warlord is able to conquer all of the land’s 17 kingdoms, then the Pokemon that created Ransei will reveal itself
- this is a myth that many people cannot distinguish as true or false, but drives many to fight on
- play as a male or female
- the young lady is from the kingdom of Aurora
- she’s a talented warrior who shares a remarkably close bond with her companion Pokemon, Eevee
- each of the 17 kingdoms has a warlord from the Nobunaga series to overthrow
- there are also several training grounds to hone your skills
- each region has different Pokemon and warriors to befriend
- forming and strengthening links with Pokemon increases the effectiveness of your army
- this allows you to better protect your castle from attack and ups your chances of conquering all the kingdoms
- features nearly 200 Pokemon spanning all five Pokemon generations
- includes a Pokedex of sorts (called the Gallery)
- this is where you can see stats, descriptions and more
- battles make you place your warriors and Pokemon on the field
- this involves strategically moving, attacking, and using special abilities
- how you use your units in battle affects how they grow
- battle involves range of movement, the time system, melee vs ranged moves, type compatibility and so on
The OFLC has rated Pokemon + Nobunaga’s Ambition so it looks like it will be heading over to Australia. It looks like Nintendo isn’t going to change the name to Pokemon Conquest in Australia but instead keep the original Japanese name. Since the game will arrive in Australia, it will probably come out in Europe also.
Here is a fact sheet that is provided by Nintendo on their North American website. Here is the link to it here:
Release Date: Jun 18, 2012
No. of Players:To be determined
Developer:Tecmo Koei Games Co., Ltd.
Game Overview In the Pokémon™ Conquest game, you take on the role of a young Warlord who is linked with a Pokémon. Together with your Pokémon, you must set out to recruit Warrior allies to strengthen your growing kingdom. Along your journey, you will encounter a variety of Pokémon, as well as Warriors and Warlords inspired by the Japanese feudal era which fans of the famous Nobunaga’s Ambition series of games will recognize. The game contains nearly 200 Pokémon, including many from the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games, which have sold more than 4 million copies combined in the U.S.
As the battlefield unfolds in Pokémon Conquest, you must choose the correct Pokémon type to inflict maximum damage on your opponent. The turn-based skirmishes, allow you to choose different tactics for intense 6-on-6 battles, and battle conditions can change on every turn, keeping you on your toes in anticipation of what will happen next.
It’s a new way to play Pokémon in a land filled with Warriors and Pokémon and the ties that bind them together.
The main action of the game takes place on the battlefield where Pokémon fight in a turn-based, tactical battle system.
Be a Warlord, and control your Pokémon in battle! As a Warlord, you command other Warriors and their Pokémon in your army.
All Warriors have special abilities they can use to help their Pokémon in battle, but Warriors are there to command the Pokémon on the field of battle. It is their Pokémon that move, fight, attack on the field of battle.
Recruit Warlords and Warriors by defeating them in a unique battle system never seen in a Pokémon game. As you acquire castles, new Pokémon, Warlords, and Warriors become available as well as new ways to train them.
When battles are won, you take control of the new castle, recruit Warriors from that kingdom, and gain access to new Pokémon.
The game known as Pokemon + Nobunaga’s Ambition has been named Pokemon Conquest in North America. Pokemon Conquest is a Nintendo DS title and the release date for the game in North America is June 18th.
In Pokemon Conquest you play as a warlord who has a link to Pokemon. In the game, you go out and try to recruit allies to strengthen your kingdom all the while running into Pokemon and other warlords. There are about 200 Pokemon in the game, and it has turn-based battles.
The game sounds interesting.